Thursday 4 April 2019

Lent Reflections Week 1: Struggle

Sometimes I struggle to say no. 
Sometimes I struggle to make time for myself. 
Sometimes I struggle to keep my anxiety from overwhelming me. 
Sometimes I struggle getting into and out of my trousers.
I don't struggle to keep a roof over my head or provide for myself materially. 
I don't struggle with a major health condition or disability.
I don't struggle to be accepted for who I am.
So today I think of all those who are homeless, who are in poverty, who are sick or disabled, who face discrimination and prejudice. I think of all those who struggle with things unsaid and unknown by anyone other than themselves. May they have hope, know love and find peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising in Love: An Easter Reflection

 “And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint h...