Thursday 4 April 2019

Lent Reflections Week 1: Intention

A selection of my daily Lent reflections, starting with Intention:

My intention during Lent is to take up a new spiritual practice and observe my own version of Shabbat from sundown on Fridays to sundown on Saturdays. (Yeah I know I'm mixing faith traditions, but hey, I'm Unitarian, it's what we're good at!) So, from sunset on Fridays to sunset on Saturdays I will be limiting my electronic device usage to leaving my phone on in case of emergencies. I will not be replying to emails, posting on social media, updating websites, writing sermons, arranging worship rotas, or doing anything else that might be considered work and / or useful. I look forward to how this practice unfolds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising in Love: An Easter Reflection

 “And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint h...