Friday 24 May 2019

Alternative Earth Spirit Liturgy (part 1)

Last year on holiday in Scotland I attended a service at an Episcopal Church. As an ex-Anglican, it reminded me of how I missed the liturgy in some ways, but also how far my theology is now estranged from the words. Yesterday, following a conversation with a recently bereaved person, a redux version of the Hail Mary came to me. Later in the evening an alternative Our Father and Glory Be also emerged. For some time now I have been toying with the idea of writing my own alternative earth spirit liturgy. And now it is starting to come forth. I look forward to seeing how it evolves.

Hail Mary redux
Hail Goddess, full of grace, Love is with you. Blessed are you, blessed are we and blessed are the fruits of our labours. Holy Earth, Divine Mother, help us to keep embracing Love, now and always. Amen.

Our Father redux
Great Spirit, Ground of all Being
Holy is our earthly home
May Love always win
In every Realm
May we be grateful
For all we have
May we practice compassion
Towards ourselves and others
May we learn to trust
Our inner wisdom
And in times of joy and sorrow
May we keep turning towards
The Light of Love
Amen

Glory Be redux
Spirit of Life, Source of all that has been, is now and will be, let us honour your Indwelling Presence for evermore. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising in Love: An Easter Reflection

 “And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint h...