Tuesday 23 April 2019

Lent Reflections Week 7: Faith

On this Easter Saturday I think of the women of faith who gathered near the tomb of Jesus, watching and waiting through the silence of the sabbath.

Unitarianism is a creed-less faith. It is hard to describe my faith, beyond that it is a faith in love as our ultimate purpose.

What I can tell you is what it means to me to be a woman of faith; how my faith compels me to try to treat others with respect and compassion; how my faith allows me to be comfortable with ambiguity; how my faith helps me develop the confidence to step into the unknown and try new things, to nurture them and to let them go if necessary; how my faith helps me understand that I do not need to fix disagreements and conflicts immediately or by myself; how my faith teaches me to ask for help when I need it, to learn from others and to remain open to change; how, in faith, I allow life to unfold.

What does faith mean to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Do the little things" - On Peace, Justice, and the Wisdom of the Warrior-Sage

"These days Welsh people have begun to adopt the daffodil as their emblem, but originally it was the leek. David is said to have been t...