Wednesday 10 April 2019

Lent Reflections Week 3: Play

"I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass, how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields, which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Remember that advert for a well known chocolate bar that promised one a day would help you work, rest and play? How many of us make time to play every day? I know I don't. I don't mean sitting in front of the TV. I mean actively doing something enjoyable. Today I made time to go for a walk to my sit spot by the river, where I lay in the grass, soaking up the sun, and listening to the chiff-chaffs calling and the parakeets squabbling in the trees. Bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising in Love: An Easter Reflection

 “And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint h...